Ashok S. Verma,
Anil M. Chavan,
Sumit V. Dongre,
(Social & RTI Activist)
B-2, Green Park C. H. S. Ltd.
Vartak College Road, Shastri Nagar,
Vasai Road (West) – 401202
1. The Spl. Inspector General of Police
Konkan Range, Konkan Bhawan,
CBD Belhapur, New Mumbai
2. The Director General of Police,
Police Head Quarter,
Colaba, Mumbai – 400001
3. The Secretary Home,
Department of Home,
Home Ministry, Govt. Of Maharashtra,
Mantralay, Mumbai – 400032
4. The Chief Secretary,
Government of Maharashtra,
Mantralay, Mumbai – 400032.
Reference: a) Application dated 01/06/2016 for
Registration of F.I.R. addressed to Sr. P.I.
Manikpur Police Station, Taluka Vasai,
b) Email dated 02/06/2016 complaint for
Incomplete registration of F.I.R. No. 142 /
2016 Manikpur Police Station District
Palghar addressed to various Police officers
c) Notice dated 15/06/2016 to initiate legal
(Criminal) and disciplinary action
d) Request letter dated 20/12/2016
addressed to the Sr. P.I. traffic by
e) And other correspondences in this regards
Sub.: Notice for one day Agitation & Hunger Strike on 15/08/ 2017 at about 11.00 am onwards at the office of the Additional Superintendent of Police Vasai for not carrying proper investigation of offences under FIR No. I 142 / 2016 pending at Manikpur Police station and above referred matters, as well as no disciplinary action against guilty officers for not Registering F.I.R. and against unethical activities being promoted by Vasai Taluka Police especially by Manikpur Police, and not taking steps to resolve traffic problems and not following the principles of Equality before Law (fundamental rights Guaranteed to the Citizen of India by the Constitution of India)…….
With reference to the above and in continuation to the Hunger strike dated 26/01/2017 at the office of the S. P. Palghar, and as per the fundamental rights guaranteed under Article 19 of the Constitution of India, we all hereby give a notice for peaceful agitation & one day hunger strike at the office of the Additional Superintendent of Police Vasai, Vasant Nagari, Vasai Road (East) on 15.08.2017 at 11.00am onwards for following reasons:
1. After a long and hard struggle by Informant, an incomplete F.I.R. no. I 142/2016 was registered under section 337, 338 of IPC on 01.06.2016 in respect of Incident that occurred on 31/05/2016 on Gutter at Anand Nagar, Near Platform no. 1 Vasai Road Station (West).
2. That the then Sr. P.I. Manikpur police station Shri. Ranjit Pawar failed to take cognizance for offences under section 406, 420, 34 of IPC and section 13 of Corruption Act.
3. That after a hunger strike in front of the office of the S.D.P.O. Vasai, Section 406, 420, 34 of IPC were added in the above said F.I.R. and it was assured in writing that section 13 of Corruption Act shall be included after investigation.
4. That the Informant fully co-operated (for instance drafting questions to be asked the V.V.C.M.C. and Western Railway) to the Investigation officer Mr. Shinde P.S.I. Manikpur Police station, and Informant also suggested that the Material be sent for Examination at IIT Mumbai located at Powai.
5. That the questions were sent to the concerned by Manikpur Police but no documents were produced. However, Local political pressure and black Money was paid to the Police officers to not act on accused as well as to not arrest. And the Manikpur Sr. P.I. along with I.O. sent Shri. Nitin Vanmali an employee of Vasai Virar City Municipal Corporation (V.V.C.M.C.) and Jr. of Mr. Rajesh Gharat and Mr. Borse (Prime Accused) and other to settle the matter by paying some black money, the informant denied the same and informed them that no compromise is possible of what so ever nature.
6. That then the I.O. told (as per instruction of his senior police officers) me (informant) on Phone that they do not have the documents. Then informant asked him whether they have followed procedure applicable to destroy the public Documents, and charge them under Section 201 of IPC and not only this the Informant suggested to take cognizance for illegal parking charges being collected without any tender or License, and contractor, officers & Nagarsevek of V.V.C.M.C. are looting this money for themselves. Not only this but also the Material so collected for investigation was sent to the P.W.D. (who do not have infrastructure for such investigation) in spite of my (Informant) suggestion to Send the same to I.I.T. Powai.
7. That the Manikpur Police are involved in leaking steps of the investigation followed by preventive suggestions in order to save the accused.
8. That the Sr. Officers connected to Manikpur Police are collecting Hafta from the accused Contractor, Engineer Mr. Choudhary, Mr. Gharat and Mr. Borse and giving them freedom to move in spite of they being clearly guilty of the offences involved in above said F.I.R and incident.
9. That in spite of more than one year has been passed from the date of registering F.I.R. no progress is shown in investigation or no accused has been arrested in the matter but Police officers connected to this case are collecting big Haftas as corruption money and Manikpur Police is involved in the promoting unethical business and collecting Haftas from criminals, as such renovation of Manikpur police station was carried out by the Money of a builder who is also accused of Murder and forgery, and Manikpur police station failed to arrest him for years due to payment of money in spite of having knowledge of his location by Manikpur Police and LCB. However, the Malad Police has arrested the said builder within a week from the registration of F.I.R. in their police station.
10. That the Vasai Taluka police failed to honor the Order & direction of Hon’ble Supreme court of India given in the matter of Lalita Kumari as well as in the matter of Arnesh Kumar. And we have no hesitation in saying that officers of Vasai Taluka are in club in hand with Mafiayas and politicians and collecting black money by promoting illegal & unethical Business and investing their black money with chawl Mafiyas and Builders, like Surendra Shivde P.S.I. and others have done.
11. That Manavata Foundation has also requested to the then Sr. P. I. Traffic Vasai Shri. Ranjit Pawar by writing letter dated 20/12/2016 about traffic problem and newly installed signals problem and also suggested few changes in traffic movement in the large interest of General public but he failed to consider or discuss on the issue with us in spite of several visits and requests to them.
12. That the Traffic department is only harassing the poor and common public by charging them for three seats, signal breaking or unauthorized parking and on other hand collecting Haftas for car show rooms for illegal parking on roads and Riksha owners by over loading passengers and also kept mum of collecting illegal parking charges by Mafiya without any Valid contract by V.V.C.M.C. and being shared with officers & Nagarsevak of V.V.C.M.C., and police officers.
Now my following issues are to be considered and may be answered accordingly;
a) Whether the Police officers who are having information about occurrence of cognizable offence are not duty bound to take cognizance of such crime? Thus are they not guilty of violation of Section 154 Cr. P.C. And departmental circular issued in this regard?
b) Whether the above mentioned police officers have not committed offences under section 166, 217 & 218 of Indian Penal Code 1860?
c) Whether the above mentioned Police officers are not guilty of the contempt of the Court as per judgment passed by Hon’ble Supreme Court in the matter of Lalita Kumari Vs. Government of Uttar Pradesh as well as in the matter of Arnesh Kumar?
d) Whether only common man is Law breaker, and Mafiays, local Politicians and Officers & contractors of VVCMC, Car show room owners, Dalals of Riksha owners, and illegal parking operators are above the Law that is why police is shielding them? If not, then kindly identify those police officers of Vasai Taluka and prosecute them for shielding criminals and not discharging their basic duties etc. followed by disciplinary action on them.
Therefore it is our humble request to all of you to ensure proper investigation of above said F.I.R. and accused may be arrested immediately. And the guilty police officers may be identified and must be charged under IPC and Corruption Act followed by disciplinary action. And Traffic problem may be resolved accordingly as well as illegal & unethical business may be shut down in the large interest of General Public in order to maintain rule of Law and want of Justice so that general public may feel rule of law and image of police may be recovered as good police department. If the Police administration failed to consider above said request then we may further proceed for continuation of agitation in order to bring rule of law in Vasai Taluka…..
We hope your good office will do the needful in time bound manner & oblige.
Ashok S. Verma
Anil M. Chavan
Sumit V. Dongre
Copy to; with request to take necessary action in the matter:
1. The Sr. P. I. Manikpur Police Station, Vasai Road (West).
2. The Sr. P. I. Tulinj Police Station, Nalasopara (East).
3. The Sr. P.I. Virar Police Station
4. The Sr. P.I. Nalasopara Police Station
5. The Sr. P.I. Waliv Police Station
6. The Sr. P.I. Vasai Police Station
7. The Sr. P.I. Costal Police Station, Agashi
8. The Sr. P.I. Traffic Police Vasai
9. The S.D.P.O Vasai, Vasai Road (West).
10. The S.D.P.O. Nalasopara
11. The Additional Superintendent of Police Vasai, Vasai
12. The Superintendent of Police, Plaghar,
13. Hon’ble 3rd Judicial Magistrate First Class, Vasai
14. The Executive Magistrate & Tahsildar, Vasai
15. The District Collector Palghar, Maharashtra
16. The Hon’ble Home Minister of Government of
Maharashtra, Mantralay, Mumbai -400032.
17. The Hon’ble Chief Minister of Government of
Maharashtra, Mantralay, Mumbai -400032.
18. The Hon’ble Home Minister government of India, North
Block, Parliament House, New Delhi – 110001.
19. The Hon’ble Prime Minister, Government of India,
South Block, Parliament House, New Delhi – 110001.
20. The Hon’ble State Human Right Commission,
21. The Hon’ble National Human Right Commission of
India, New Delhi – 110001.